Ironman

queries

Question

Hi,

I created a query for all VIsio installations and refined the query to pull information from Add/Remove Programs. This works 100%

However, if i uninstall visio and run Active Directory System Discovery, it still shows that computer up in collection.

How do i setup a task that if and when software gets removed, that it updates that collection query for that particular software.

Looking forward to your speedy response

Shaun

5 answers to this question

Hi,

I created a query for all VIsio installations and refined the query to pull information from Add/Remove Programs. This works 100%

However, if i uninstall visio and run Active Directory System Discovery, it still shows that computer up in collection.

How do i setup a task that if and when software gets removed, that it updates that collection query for that particular software.

Looking forward to your speedy response

Shaun

if software/applicaiton is uninstalled from computers,it should be reported Via hardware inventory agent to site server not via Discovery methods and discovery method will not discover this information.

check if the computer sent its hardware inventory or not by looking at inventoryagent.log from c:\windows\system32\ccm\logs

It looks like my hardware inventory stopped working on the 03/03/2011

mmmmm, now back to the drawing board to see why this has failed

take a look at this blog to identify the computers not sent their hinv info http://eskonr.com/2009/08/collection-report-for-hardware-inventory-not-reported-scanned-for-x-days-and-systems-that-doesnt-even-report-to-site/

and troubleshoting http://blogs.technet.com/b/sudheesn/archive/2010/05/31/troubleshooting-sccm-part-ii-hardware-inventory.aspx

Hi there,

My HW inventory does indeed check in when i go to Resource Explorer and see Add/Remove History and i can see my Visio install there.

For a test, i added a custom 5min intervals for H/W inventory and removed Visio and when i check my Collection query, my machine still is there.

Does a collection query update dynamically when querying add/remove programs on each computer and when removing the software, it should then update its collection query and remove the machine object from that query?

Shaun

Hi there,

My HW inventory does indeed check in when i go to Resource Explorer and see Add/Remove History and i can see my Visio install there.

For a test, i added a custom 5min intervals for H/W inventory and removed Visio and when i check my Collection query, my machine still is there.

Does a collection query update dynamically when querying add/remove programs on each computer and when removing the software, it should then update its collection query and remove the machine object from that query?

Shaun

Hi,

Think i got it to work...... i set the simple schedule to 1mins and it didnt have time to remove cause it kept queuying in the logs...... however, when selecting 5mins , this gave it time to remove from query...

Thanks for your help.

Shaun