crane_IT

Error, application GUID {} not found...

Question

I currently use MDT2010 to deploy Windows 7. Over the last few days, I've been getting errors when putting an image on with applications. The problem is, the GUID's are from applicaton's I've removed from "Applications". The first two I removed were for Project and Visio. Our App-V guy told me that they were going to go App-V, so I removed them from my applications. From then on, I am getting the error:

"Error, application GUID {...} not found in application list, unable to execute".

As a test, I removed ALL applications and now, instead of just those 2 erros, I get 14, one for each application I used to have, but now appear to be deleted. I'm at a loss. I don't know how to get those errors to go away. I've tried looking at the \DeploymentShare$\Control\Applications.xml and it's empty. I had previously found "Applications.000.xml, Applications.001.xml, Applications.002.xml"...all the way up to 005 and I deleted those with no change. I read somewhere that someone reverted their customsettings.ini file back to standard and that worked for them, but it didn't work for me. I need some expert help on this one.

Thanks,

crane_IT

P.S. This is my first post. This is an awesome forum.

4 answers to this question

I currently use MDT2010 to deploy Windows 7. Over the last few days, I've been getting errors when putting an image on with applications. The problem is, the GUID's are from applicaton's I've removed from "Applications". The first two I removed were for Project and Visio. Our App-V guy told me that they were going to go App-V, so I removed them from my applications. From then on, I am getting the error:

"Error, application GUID {...} not found in application list, unable to execute".

As a test, I removed ALL applications and now, instead of just those 2 erros, I get 14, one for each application I used to have, but now appear to be deleted. I'm at a loss. I don't know how to get those errors to go away. I've tried looking at the \DeploymentShare$\Control\Applications.xml and it's empty. I had previously found "Applications.000.xml, Applications.001.xml, Applications.002.xml"...all the way up to 005 and I deleted those with no change. I read somewhere that someone reverted their customsettings.ini file back to standard and that worked for them, but it didn't work for me. I need some expert help on this one.

Thanks,

crane_IT

P.S. This is my first post. This is an awesome forum.

I'm trying to understand:

When you say you've removed all Applications, do you mean just from the Applications group in the Deployment Share? Or do you mean from the task sequence?

Have you tried recreating a new Task Sequence and then disabling the State Restore "Install Applications" task?

I'm trying to understand:

When you say you've removed all Applications, do you mean just from the Applications group in the Deployment Share? Or do you mean from the task sequence?

Have you tried recreating a new Task Sequence and then disabling the State Restore "Install Applications" task?

That is exactly what I did after I posted. When you click on "Applications", it's empty. There are none. I deleted them all. I created another Task Sequence and since there are no applications, there should be no problems, right? Nope! It still gives me 14 errors. It's hanging onto those somewhere and it's driving me nuts! Any help is appreciated!

post-9593-0-54849000-1303151993_thumb.jpg