k3v1nr055

Build And Capture Win 7 SP1 Failing

Question

Hi, I am fairly new to SCCM07 (less than 6 month in it) and suddenly I am not able to successfully perform Build And Capture tasks. I am trying to create new Reference_Win_7_SP1.wim file (one each in x86 and x64 versions). My tasks keep failing with a 80004005 error) I suspect this is a driver problem but I was able to build and capture several months ago. The smsts.log is not telling me much but the setupact.log from the x: drive seems to indicate that there are lots of unsigned drivers that are causing windows setup to fail.

Any help will be appreciated. I am attaching both logs. BTW: other tasks are still working. I am able to deploy an image with applications. I am using the same boot images generally for both scenarios although I did create and test a new clean winPE boot image today and I received the same result.

I will be on vacation all of the next week so if I cannot respond to any replies that is the reason. I will try to look at this board as much as possible though I might have to go several days without access (that's not so bad really! ;-)

Again, thanks so much for this site. It has been invaluable to me as I have had to set up and master SCCM07 on my own and pretty much all alone!

K

smsts.log

setupact.log

I have resolved this by disabling the "Apply Device Drivers" step in the task sequence. It used to work fine but I imagine I have added a driver package that is not liked very well. Disabling and not looking for drivers at all seems to work for me now. Go figure.

I am having the same issue, but removing the Apply Device Drivers section in the TS did not help. Neither has any of the other suggestions in this thread. I'm going back to grab log files now, but my issue is that it seems to run the Build and Capture without an error. When I go to look at the destination path for my new WIM file, however, it is not there. Like I said, log files pending...

Bill

bbowen8 - if you haven't resolved this yet, and haven't already created your own post, you may want to do so with your specific details. Offhand, if there were no errors, but there's no .WIM file created, then it sounds like a driver issue, a security rights issue on the network space the file is being saved to, or a password issue in the TS...