Max

Dynamic collection

Question

Hi,

we installed IE8 English with WSUS, now we want to make a dynamic collection where we select all pc with IE8 but without IE8-MUI, so we will be able to install the IE8-MUI.

The problem is that after the IE8-MUI is installed, we still having the machine on that collection, that is not what we want.

post-3343-0-01885100-1304949225_thumb.jpg

post-3343-0-82775200-1304949242_thumb.jpg

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID = "ie8" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID != "IE8-MUI"

Any suggestion on how automatically delete from that collection, pc that has IE8-MUI already installed?

3 answers to this question

use the criteria not in,that should do the trick here.

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID = "IE8" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID not in (select SMS_R_System.ResourceId from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID = "IE8-MUI")

Thsi will list all the computers in collection which are installed IE8 and not installed with IE8-MUI

use the criteria not in,that should do the trick here.

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.ResourceType, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_System.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_System.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID = "IE8" and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID not in (select SMS_R_System.ResourceId from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ProdID = "IE8-MUI")

Thsi will list all the computers in collection which are installed IE8 and not installed with IE8-MUI

Thanks!

I did it but the problem is that, ok I don't see computers with IE8-MUI but even the computers with IE8 disappear :(

and here I have a "warning" about valid constant.

post-3343-0-87149100-1305013747_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I did it but the problem is that, ok I don't see computers with IE8-MUI but even the computers with IE8 disappear :(

and here I have a "warning" about valid constant.

At the end I was able to do that collection in this way.

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_R_System.Name not in (select distinct SMS_R_System.Name from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Windows Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI)") and SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Windows Internet Explorer 8"

B)