GarW

SCCM Client - change site/heirarchy

Question

Hi

Customer has SCCM 2007 SP2 running successfully for some years. However, they want to deploy a fresh SCCM 2007 SP2 installation (with a new site name), unconnected to the original though in the same domain. They are happy to leave the old data behind (collection's packages, Advertisements etc. etc.). They just want a fresh install. They have deployed a new server and are ready to move the site boundaries, and publish the new site data to Active Directory and DNS (removing the old data).

What is the best way to handle the clients? Once discovery on the new server takes place will they be visible on that server? Do they have to initiate a Push Installation of the client? I've seen references to having to run a script to change the Site code on the client - is this always necessary? I'm looking for a definitive strategy to handle this if possible, with minimal touch of the clients (XP, W2K3, W2K8).

(I've seen and read a lot of threads on a few sites but no definitive answer I can find - if there is one I've missed just point me to it!!)

Many thanks in advance

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet