Loomster

Problem adding lists of machines to collection queries

Question

I've been noticing a weird issue when adding lists of machines to a collection using a query such as this:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Name in("PC1","PC2", "PC3")

I've been noticing that some machines do not show as members of this collection even though they are listed in the query. As far as I can tell nothing is out of ordinary with these PCs, I can run reports on them, the client is working correctly, etc. If I add them via direct membership, they show up fine.

Any ideas why this is, or does anyone have a better method of doing this? In the meantime I've been using a program to automate direct memembership creations, but I've read this can cause performance issues and is not best practice.

2 answers to this question

odd one.you may have to refresh the collection once to see the changes also verify if the computers are exits in SCCM Database.

If you are in SCCM R3,it has funcitonlity to add resource to collection.

They don't show up after doing an "Update Collection Membership" than refresh. We are still on R2.