eaweiner

Forefront Endpoint Client Installation

Question

I am having trouble installing the Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 client. If I understand correctly the client can be deployed without being managed. I am trying to install the client to a new VM(Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64) and have downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft Licensing website. Everytime I go to install the client (FEPInstall.exe)the client bombs out saying it cannot extract amd64/setup.exe. Has anyone else run into this issue?

4 answers to this question

I am having trouble installing the Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 client. If I understand correctly the client can be deployed without being managed. I am trying to install the client to a new VM(Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64) and have downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft Licensing website. Everytime I go to install the client (FEPInstall.exe)the client bombs out saying it cannot extract amd64/setup.exe. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Bad ISO from Microsoft, used the Multi-language setup and all is well.

just not to strat a new topic..

"By copying both, the SCEP install.exe and the policy .xml file, and then running them manually on a target client, you'll end up with a SCEP client that starts off with a similar configuration to your normal SCCM-deployed SCEP clients.

Keep in mind that any future changes to this PC's SCEP policy will need to be done manually. Also, in order to get definition updates, this PC's SCEP client will either need to be able to reach Microsoft Updates on the Internet or a WSUS server in your environment that is enabled to push SCEP definitions.

It goes without saying that any anti-malware related events on this PC will not be reported to the SCCM server. So it will be up to the user of this PC to keep an eye on what's going on with the system; much like you would manage an AV client on your home computer."

so when done manually i will have no evidence of this pc in my sccm or endpoint monitoring at all??