BW~Merlin

AD sites not showing in boundaries

I am having trouble with the last step of the 2012 beta 2 guide (http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3676-using-vnext-beta2-in-a-lab-part-2-configuration/), the guide says that after adding in a boundary and then adding that to a boundary group I should be able to hit refresh and my AD sites will populate however this does not happen for me (no AD sites populate). I have set the IP address range to 10.0.0.10 - 10.0.0.100 and my AD site subnet is set to 10.0.0.0/24, I have disabled the firewall, restarted both VM's (vmware workstation 7.1.4 build 385536) and still no luck.

My setup

SCCM 2012 beta 2 server

IP address 10.0.0.2/24

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 + some patch's

MSSQL 2008 SP1 + CU10 with firewall rules added.

AD server

IP address 10.0.0.1/24

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 + some patch's (same one's at sccm server)

Any ideas on what might be causing this or where I could find some log files that might shed some light on this problem?

Thanks

I am having trouble with the last step of the 2012 beta 2 guide (http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3676-using-vnext-beta2-in-a-lab-part-2-configuration/), the guide says that after adding in a boundary and then adding that to a boundary group I should be able to hit refresh and my AD sites will populate however this does not happen for me (no AD sites populate). I have set the IP address range to 10.0.0.10 - 10.0.0.100 and my AD site subnet is set to 10.0.0.0/24, I have disabled the firewall, restarted both VM's (vmware workstation 7.1.4 build 385536) and still no luck.

My setup

SCCM 2012 beta 2 server

IP address 10.0.0.2/24

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 + some patch's

MSSQL 2008 SP1 + CU10 with firewall rules added.

AD server

IP address 10.0.0.1/24

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 + some patch's (same one's at sccm server)

Any ideas on what might be causing this or where I could find some log files that might shed some light on this problem?

Thanks

sounds more like an AD problem than a SCCM one. Do you have that subnet in the site?

sounds more like an AD problem than a SCCM one. Do you have that subnet in the site?

Yes, problem seems to be fixed but I am not sure how. It was either me turning the firewall off or fixing up the MSSQL errors I had (needed to enable tcp on the SCCM's servers ip address in the SQL server configuration manager) so that the reporting service could work correctly. As I said not sure but my sites have now populated while I wasn't looking so yay I guess.

Thanks

• Like 1

Having the same problem of "AD sites not showing in boundaries"

Firewalls disabled. IPs and ranges set correctly.

Have been following the SCCM 2012 beta 2 guides - Part 1 and 2.

Very new to SCCM so not sure where to look for clues/errors.

Help about were to start looking please?

Thanks in Advance