crane_IT

Linked Deployment Share not seeing DB

Question

I have my Deployment server setup pretty well in my location and I want to setup a Linked Deployment Share for our team in Minnesota. As a test, I created a linked deployment share on our local NAS which replicated fine. Here's my issue. When I did the LDS, it of course created a new LiteTouchPE_x86.wim. I added that wim to our WDS server and it boots fine. The problem is, it doesn't read my database. As a test, I mounted the LiteTouchPE_x86.wim and modified the bootstrap.ini to include credentials, but it still prompts for the credentials and doesn't act like it sees the database. So what am I missing? This PC is in the database just like any other one. I can manually go through and it'll pick up task sequences, but the way I normally do it (not from the LDS), it sees the database and pulls all the information from it without issue. Any ideas why my Linked Deployment Share isn't seeing my deployment database? Also, every time I replicate changes, it wipes out the LiteTouchPE_x86.wim and I have to mount and re-add the credentials and some other answer stuff to my bootstrap.ini. What's up with that?

2 answers to this question

Linked shares have their own customsettings.ini and bootstrap.ini, so you need to add the appropriate queries to those files just like you have for your primary share.

Remember that any change to bootstrap.ini requires an update to the boot media for that share.

Linked shares have their own customsettings.ini and bootstrap.ini, so you need to add the appropriate queries to those files just like you have for your primary share.

Remember that any change to bootstrap.ini requires an update to the boot media for that share.

Ok, just after I posted the original, I realized that although I updated the deployment image for the WDS server, I forgot to add it to the boot list. Duhh!! so, I made the bootstrap.ini the same as the one on the Deployment Server that works now, and the "Run Deployment Wizard" and the "Enter credentials" are gone, but it still isn't reading the database to see that I've already assigned it a role and to auto-choose the task sequence, etc. I will look at my customsettings.ini and see. Thanks for the input though Chris, I'll keep looking.