sccmnoob3

Updates stuck at Downloading/"Checking updates location"

Question

I have been working with SCCM (2007 R3) for a couple weeks, I got thrown into our small environment (60 windows 7 desktops) after it was set up and running for a while, with the problems building up :unsure:

Current issue is after a windows 7 deployment the final task in the sequence is to run any outstanding updates, see image:

1. Is there a way to cancel a specific update that is "stuck" on a specific client? I have a few systems that are all stuck on different updates (some for over 100 hours)

2. Are there configurable timeout values for these, either at the individual update level or at some higher level?

3. Is there a way to run these updates serially instead of in parallel, at least for testing purposes?

4. Which logs should I look at for these issues?

Please link me if these questions have already been answered.

Thanks for any help!

P.S. I want to say all the guides on here are very helpful, thanks a lot for those also!

post-10393-0-33753300-1308154423_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

I don't see any updates listed within any of the Deployment Packages that are listed. Under Software Updates\Update Repository\Search Folders\Expired and Superseded folders I see tons of updates.

Is there way to delete all expired and superseded updates from the SCCM database? Not seeing anything in the right click menus.

We removed the SUP and WSUS and started from a fresh state, we also had some issues with the entries in the SQL tables. Got this all cleaned up and now everything is looking better. When no one looks at the software updates for a while they all got messed up some how.

I don't know where the previous updates were being pushed from since the deployment packages were empty.

Thanks for your help!