clivebuckwheat

Assigning a computer in the all systems collection to a new collection.

Question

Hi

I am just beginning to learn SCCM 2007 and here is my scenario which is in a test environment as of now.

I have a computer (WIN7X64) that resides in the "ALL SYSTEMS" collection that I would like to move/copy/assign to a new group called "TEST GROUP"

I have tried to do this via the computer associations section in configuration manager, import computer information but the computer never shows up in the collection called "TEST GROUP"

I have refreshed the membership of "TEST GROUP" yet the computer still never appears.

As I said I am a really SCCM newbie so, please bear with me, any assistance would be great.

3 answers to this question

thanks Peter,

I have never done this before, so if you don't mind a few more questions

The station I'd like to move is called "Win7x64" to TEST GROUP, it now is in ALL SYSTEMS, here's what I tried to do so far, right click on Test group went to properties selected the membership tab

What resource class type do I pick I picked the following options the station Win7x64 never shows up in TEST group.

DM1.jpg

DM2.jpg

DM3.jpg