kingsfan

Cannot find boot image for SCCM

Question

I am new to Windows 7 deployments using SCCM. I am trying to set up the first instance of an image that is to be captured from a master workstation. In this step listed above:

press browse and choose your boot image, in this case pick X64 Windows PE boot environment for SCCM 6.1.7100.0 en-US.

I do not have the x86 or x64 Windows PE boot environment for SCCM 6.1.7100.0 en-US. Was this added in and how do I create a boot image specifically for use with SCCM? I found the instructions great and pictures are worth a 1000 words. All that I have avalible is the default x86 or x64 Windows PE boot environment 6.1.7100.0 en-US. When I liik at the properties for the two boot images, my version however is 6.1.7600.16385 with the site name and 0001 (this is the x86 boot image) and one for the site name and 0002 (this is the x 64 boot image. See attachment for screenshot.

8 answers to this question

hi, do you have sccm with sp2 installed?

also I don't see any attachement?

It is SCCM 2007R3 according to the control panel. I am not use if this includes the latest service packs. I did not install sccm what was our windows admin. I also was unable to attach the document. I keep getting a message form the site that I am prohibited from attaching documents. I had to change it to a bmp file.

Boot Images.bmp

During the update did you also uninstall the old WAIK, and install the new WAIK (with SCCM 2007 SP2)?

Not sure. I did not install SCCM it wwas our windows administrator. I only handle the desktop side of things. I will have to find out.

Not sure. I did not install SCCM it wwas our windows administrator. I only handle the desktop side of things. I will have to find out.

In looking at the version of WAIK the version says 2.0.0.0. You mentioned the new WAIK (with SCCM 2007 SP2), is this a special version of WAIK for SCCM, or are you saying the new WAIK, and SCCM 2007 SP2. I found this newer version of WAIK http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5188

is this the version you are refering to?

During the update did you also uninstall the old WAIK, and install the new WAIK (with SCCM 2007 SP2)?

In looking at the version of WAIK the version says 2.0.0.0. You mentioned the new WAIK (with SCCM 2007 SP2), is this a special version of WAIK for SCCM, or are you saying the new WAIK, and SCCM 2007 SP2. I found this newer version of WAIK http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5188

is this the version you are refering to?

I am going to try and uninstall WAIK and install the newest version.