Johan

OSD deployment error using InPlace upgrade task sequence

Question

Hi All

I keep on facing issues to deploy Win7 OS to any workstation. I deploy the OS by advertising task sequence that is using the Win7 image. The workstation was able to get the advertisement at Control Panel -> Run Advertisement Programs, but when i double click on the advertisement, straight away I will always get an error as below.

"The requested software cannot be located. the system might be in the process of transferring these files. try again later, or if this operation continues to fail after several attempts, please contact your administrator or helpdesk operator"

As this OSD involve other countries, I've deployed the image/drivers to other countries distribution point. And from the SCCM report, it says that Installed - 1, meaning its installed at the DP. Other countries workstation was able to receive the advertisement, but when i want to run it by double clicking on the advertisement, the same error displayed. I dont know what else im missing.... How to check whether the image is installed on the distribution point server? I mean which path?

post-9365-0-62904000-1308811624_thumb.png

3 answers to this question

Hi,

make sure that all used Images, Driver packages and Software Packages, which are being used in your Task Sequence, are available on your local Distribution Point. Otherwise the Task Sequence will not start.

Hi,

make sure that all used Images, Driver packages and Software Packages, which are being used in your Task Sequence, are available on your local Distribution Point. Otherwise the Task Sequence will not start.

Thanks guys. It seems that some of the prerequisites files required by the TS is not installed on the DP. after installed, The TS works fine. Thanks.