Keslaa

How do I clean a machine completely from SCCM?

Question

I have a machine that I am trying to re-image. I removed from SCCM (search on MAC and delete - has always worked before) and PXE booted. Normally, after a log in screen, it prompts me to choose one of three flavors of task sequences that are advertised to UNKNOWN machines. This one, however, was pulling down a PE boot image that is not associated with any of the TS's used for the UNKNOWN machines. I would get the prompt for the password and then get a message stating that there are no advertised tasks for this machine. There were three other task sequences that were using this particular PE boot image and I have removed all three advertisements, even though they were all pointing to specific collections and NOT to All Unknown Computers. I then started receiving the 'abortpxe.com' error message before going to the next boot device. Finally, I did a Computer Association, adding the computer to a specific collection and advertised an imaging task sequence to that collection and am still getting the 'abortpxe.com' error.

It seems as if this machine is still showing up - somehow - in the works and is looking for a specific task sequence, even though I am telling it to receive a different task sequence. Is there another way to make sure the machine is completely removed the database? Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: I just figured out that this was originally our reference machine for our Win 7 image build. The errant PE boot image that the machine kept trying to run was used during that process. I don't know how that would make a difference, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by Keslaa

3 answers to this question

ccmclean removes ccm components from the workstation -- I didn't think it removed the machine from the SCCM database, too. I could be wrong as I have never tested to verify.

My Appolgies, CCMClean.exe does indeed remove the client software from the machine only and not from the main database.