Trung Thanh

Install Operation Console Opalis

Question

At first, the most difficult to install Opalis Operation Console is finding requirements such as JAR extensions, the web environment is running with JAVA not ASP or PHP, it's strange for me. Too much time to waste to find and test. I upload all file JAR to All JAR 4 Operation Console

In this topic, I notes some steps need to do success installing Opalis Operation Console. Now, installing JAVA JDK 1.6 update 4, if you use Windows 2008 may be need update 16.

Install JAVA JDK with default setting.

Set the Environment Variables for JAVA, right-click on My computer | Properties | Advanced | click Environment Variables | See below and click on New on System Variables | Type JAVA_HOME and set path to C:\program files\java\java1.6.0_04 (the path may be different).

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_003.png

Now click Ok to complete and find the Path and double click to edit %HOME_JAVA%\bin at the end.

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_004.png

Extract Jboss4.2.3.GA to folder which you expected to run JBoss, the best way like [drive]:\JBoss

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_005.png

After extracting Jboss, navigate to Libraries which contained all JAR files - downloaded from mediafire link. Double-click on JAXWS2.1.2-20070917.JAR and accept the agreement. Please check again folder jaxws-ri\bin is created.

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_006.png

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_007.png

After that, we need to set Jboss environment, I think if you read manual Opalis Integrated Admin Guide, it's not useful and many steps to do. You can find the script to set up environment on Opalis Operation Console Script from Opalis Source CD. This script is powershell script and need to execute with powershell 2.0. Extract and complete with tasks.

OK, now we running the scripts and set policy to execute script with set-excutionpolicy

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_015.png

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_016.png

Press Y to continue

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_017.png

Navigate to OpOpalisInstaller folder and execute script

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_018.png

You must to complete information with Servername, Authentication Method (Windows Authentication and SQL Authentication), database name, LDAP or browse to find Source for 2 or 3 steps at first.

It's done, now we check the result, click Start | Programs | Opalis Software | Operation Console and you can see...

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_027.png

Why? Because no Jboss server runs, we need to start Jboss by running run.bat from Jboss\Jboss-4.2.3.GA\bin folder at command-line.

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_028.png

F5 to see again

Opalis_Operation_Console_Install_029.png

It's finish.

Notes: Admin Guide for Opalis is too complex to do, but need to understand how to opalis works.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet