anyweb

using SCCM 2012 beta 2 in a LAB - Part 4. Application Installation

i get an error when i try to go to my website. as shown in the picture,

post-5927-0-38066600-1318514461_thumb.jpg

I have followed the setup as in the guides and did have it working last night but today when i came in and checked it it displayed an error. i basically got XML editior 2007 to install with the pop up but when he said to "Open the Software Catalog, and refresh the page, notice anything " i got the error that you seen. now i do have the DB on a remote SQL not sure if that is why but the site role is installed on the local sccm server. i also went into the IIS manager and see the Anonymous is turned on but windows aauthentication isnt..

post-5927-0-17767700-1318514244_thumb.jpg

Any ideas that can help me out?

I am having problems trying to install the Lync 201 client via the msi file. I have successfully deployed the XML Notepad msi file, so I know the system works. I have setup the Lync 2010 Client exactly as the XML Notepad, and I get the error attached in this screen shot. The user that is logged into the computer I am trying this on, Windows 7 X64 Ent., is just a domain user account. Since this is what it will be when I push it out to the masses, I wanted to replicate this in my test environment. So, what am I doing wrong that I get this error message? Thanks.

post-11641-0-25728600-1318857299_thumb.png

I am having problems trying to install the Lync 201 client via the msi file. I have successfully deployed the XML Notepad msi file, so I know the system works. I have setup the Lync 2010 Client exactly as the XML Notepad, and I get the error attached in this screen shot. The user that is logged into the computer I am trying this on, Windows 7 X64 Ent., is just a domain user account. Since this is what it will be when I push it out to the masses, I wanted to replicate this in my test environment. So, what am I doing wrong that I get this error message? Thanks.

post-11641-0-81778400-1318861417_thumb.png

Hi everyone...

I'm new to SCCM , I am having some issues here with the Application Catalog, it says " There is a problem Connecting with the Server ", Any Help or some directions would be appreciated !!

In the Event Viewer on the SCCM server I came across this error

"WebHost failed to process a request.

Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/23318221

Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/CMSoftwareCatalogSvc/ApplicationOfferService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme https. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Parameter name: item. ---> System.ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme https. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Parameter name: item

at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item)

at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item)

at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)

Process Name: w3wp

Process ID: 4588

"

111.jpg

Hallo

i can see my applications in Software catalogue but when i try to install the process remains in pending state "downloading 0%". In Application catalogue instead the installation starts but nothing happens, any idea?

Thanks

you shouldnt' be using beta 2, use the release candidate version instead, i have a new set of guides already posted for that here

all i can say is ensure you followed the guides exactly as i laid out, in addition look at your component status logs, they will probably hint at your issue.