Mike S

SCCM and SMP

Question

After much headache, I was finally able to gain some headway with OS deployment in SCCM 2007 and SMP. I am able to run a task sequence against a source PC to capture the user profile and store it in the state store location (I think). When I run the second task sequence on the target PC, the OS loads, but the profile restore TS fails. (see error below)

The task sequence execution engine failed executing the action (Request State Store) in the group (Restore User State) with the error code 16389
Action output: /Property></Hook2></Hooks><Payload Type="inline"/><TargetHost/><TargetEndpoint>MP_LocationManager</TargetEndpoint><ReplyMode>Sync</ReplyMode><CorrelationID/></Msg>

CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: SRV253.REVENUE.WI.GOV:80  CCM_POST /ccm_system/request
The request has succeeded. 200 OK
migInfoRequestMessage.DoRequest (m_sResponse,true), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdsmpclient\smpclient.cpp,1142)
pClientRequestToMP->DoRequest(), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdsmpclient\smpclient.cpp,2787)
ExecuteRestoreRequestToMP(migInfoFromMP), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdsmpclient\smpclient.cpp,2899)
ExecuteRestoreRequest(), HRESULT=80004005 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\osdeployment\osdsmpclient\main.cpp,80)
OSDSMPClient finished: 0x00004005
reply from server is 'NoReply'
ClientRequestToMP::DoRequest failed (0x80004005).
ExecuteRestoreRequestToMP failed (0x80004005).
ExecuteRestoreRequest failed (0x80004005)..

I have attached the .xml file of my test TS. If anyone has some ideas as to what I am doing wrong, I would really like to hear them.

Thanks,

Mike

XP to W7 SMP Test.xml

2 answers to this question

Did you create a computer association between the source and destination machine?

I did. The target PC has was given the correct permissions to the stored .mig file on the server. One thing I did notice was that the .mig file could not be accessed without a password. Could this be the root cause of the failure?

Also, do I have to run the capture TS separate from the restore TS or can they be combined into one TS? In other words, if I combine the two, will the TS look for the source PC, pull the profile and store it on the share then install the O/S and restore the profile on the target all in one step? (I think I worded that correctly)