glen8

Installed SCCM 2007 R3 from CD but think it's only SP2?

Hi all,

I've always assumed we'd been running R2 until I tried to add the reporting services role which was missing DOH!

(just to let you know SCCM was installed prior to me starting with the company). I asked the guys which media cd they used and they gave me a geniune Microsoft DVD with SCCM 2007 R3 (Config Manager 2007 SP2) written on it. They couldn't tell me 100% that that was the disc they used so I decided to perform an upgrade anyway.

It's all worked fine but when I look at the version it's the same as before!!!! ARGH! How on earth do I get R3 on as I need to get endpoint 2010 installed today and it won't work without the reporting services role (pre-req is R2/R3 for endpoint).

Version from the console

R2 installed: No

Build number: 6487

Thanks!!

Hi,

R3 is a feature release for those customer with SA for the SCCM licenese or if you buy them just now. You have to install R3 pre-req hotfix and then install R3 after you have installed SP2 for SCCM 2007. You should have the files on the DVD though, but you have to run the installer.

Here is the download for the Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977384

Regards;

Jörgen