Kingskawn

Crashing server and migrating susdb to W2k8 R2 x64

Question

We wanted to update scup to 2011 version but saw that it won't work on Win2k3 R2 so we crashed the machine to build a new one with the same name and ip address. Wsus was also installed on that server. We migrated the susdb and scupdb from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 x64 and everything went fine.

Joined the domain, added group of all sccm servers to local admin group, installed .net 4, bits, webdav, IIS, sup role in sccm console,...

Now when I do synchronisation no update is showed up in the console. I use a proxy and it's set in the software update point component.

The only difference I see is that before the reinstall of the server the disks were C:\Windows and E:\WSUS data and now it's C:\Windows and D:\WSUS data. Could it be something?

1 answer to this question

Ok, found what it was. Set in wsus that the download of files can be done without approval and set the group of servers and users with rights in Wsus administrators group.

Everything went good after that.

I did almost every possible way to find the solution from looking in IIs logs, sccm logs, wsus logs, proxy settings, ...