anyweb

using SCCM 2012 beta2 in a LAB - Part 7. Deploying Windows 7 Enterprise

Hi,

Any ideas on what might be a reason for this?

Yes, I ran into the exactly same Problem. I then checked MAC-Adresses, and I saw, that the MAC Adress I wanted to add was already about 200 times as an object in SCCM. That was, because the SCCM Boot CD was in the DVD-Rom, but the MAC Address wasn't in SCCM. So now, evertime the Computer made a restart, and booted from the SCCM CD, it connects to the SCCM Server and the SCCM Server doesn't know the Object. So it always creates a new Objekct named "Unkown", and with the MAC Address of my Server. I then shut the Server down, deleted all "Unknown" Object, and after that, I was able to add this MAC Address. Hope this helps

Hi

The reason

Hi,

I also ran in to the error, but on the sccm 2012 rc running with admin account and also running the console as admin gives the error

Error: Following computers have not been imported:

• Name: test
  • MAC Address: 00:21:5A:F7:EF:B8
  • SMBIOS GUID:
  • Source Computer:
  • Choose Target Collection: All Systems

Errors

1. The SMS Provider reported an error.ConfigMgr Error Object:instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus{ Description = "Unable to save changes"; ErrorCode = 2152205056; File = "e:\\nts_sccm_release\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\sspsite.cpp"; Line = 1286; Operation = "ExecMethod"; ParameterInfo = "SMS_Site"; ProviderName = "WinMgmt"; StatusCode = 2147749889;};

I tried importing another computer with a different MAC-address that starts with 88:AE........and that computer is succesfully imported.

I the tried a third computer with a different MAC-address that starts with 00:23... imports ok

My collegue then tries to import the computer that gives error and he succesfully imports it with another name. He then deletes it and tries again -> error once again

Any ideas on what might be a reason for this?

Hi

The reason for this issue is that you might have started the computer before you executed the "Import Computer Information" Wizard in ConfigMgr 2012.

Remove the "unknown" computer account listed in all systems collection and try the wizard again

I have seen this issue in ConfigMgr 2012 RTM aswell.

// Daniel Olsson

I have a very short questions sir!

My office has around 1000 computers. If I use the method "impprt computer information" and provide MAC address to collection like you did above, I must do 1000 times to deploy to all computers right?

Can you teach me how to tailor this ?

that's most likely your issue, what reason do you have for NOT running dhcp server on in your hyperV lab (don't you have a domain controller ?)

Hi Niall,

I have capture an image using your method, i have found that the local user is part of the image, how can i remove it so when i give it to a new user it only has the 1 users credentials?

PLease advise.