DE_FreD_S

Software Center shows Software that's not there

Hi everyone,

since yesterday, I've had the strange phenomena, that the client software center shows an application which isn't there. There are defenetly no applications on the server! And I never created an application using 5.0 at the end, so I have no idea why this is in the catalog.

sccm2012sc.png

Crazy thing - I can even install this application. Does anyone have an idea, where this could be coming from?

Cheers,

Fred

Hi Anyweb,

no defenetly not. The software mentioned in my other post was named "Mozilla Firefox (en-US) 5". I never use .XY in my name giving. Even after deleting all applications from the application list on the server (as per tutorial here), this particular application still exists in the client software center.

I've looked at all logs, they show nothing out of the ordinary and there's no software in the clientcache - it's empty(!). I tried a re-install of the client software but that did nothing either. I also looked if any WMI Class maybe had this application stored but nothing there either. Only thing that helped was a re-install of the OS :-/ Maybe it's just a Beta bug? Hasn't occured on the new system yet. But I'll see if I can replicate this phenomena.

Another thing which I encountered after completing your tutorial on OSD, was that the OS install task sequence appears in the Client Software Center... strange... or is that intended? Couldn't find a reason why that would be intended.

Cheers,

Fred