Zden

How can I properly set up a secondary site ?

Question

Hi all

My company is currently using SCCM for Windows XP-to-Windows-7 migration purposes, and this worlwide. We have three sites : one in France, one in Singapore and one in the UAE.

The SCCM schema we use is as such : the primary site is in France, and the two other are secondary sites (the one in UAE is not up yet). But here is the problem : the site in France works perfectly, we can deploy everything we want without a hitch.

Unfortunately the situation is different in Singapore. Even though the boundaries are correctly defined (both Active Directory and IP boundaries), the roles are properly installed (distribution point, management point...), I can't deploy clients properly in Singapore and OS deployment seems to pick its software sources from the French site (it is VERY slow), even though all packages have been replicated there. I tried an OS deployment in a VM in SGP for troubleshooting purposes, and the both the site code and the management point are the ones used in France.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

yes, my boundaries are correct. The Franch site has boundaries set to the French AD domain we use, and the IP ranges used in our french offices. The Singapore boundaries are set in a similar way.

If you don't use protected distribution points then Singapore clients can be connecting to France distribution point or UAE distribution point.

You set up protected distribution points to make sure that clients that are in a specific boundary, only connect to that distribution point.

For information on how client chooses a distribution point: Configuration Manager and Content Location (Package Source Files)