dylan_s

OSD w/ USMT fails and can't be rerun

Question

Backround:SCCM 2007 v. 4.00.6487.200 build 6487 R2 Installed

I was experiencing the issue with my USMT referenced in KB977203. Attempted to install the hotfix from the KB & it hosed up my MP on my primary and secondary site due to some odd permissions issue with the c:\windows\tasks folder & stopped distributing packages all together. Opened at support ticket w/ Microsoft, uninstalled the hotfix from add/remove & wound up reinstalling the MP. A couple packages needed to be deleted and recreated to work after.

Now....

I have clients fail the task becuase it can't find the xml files for the USMT sequence. Fine, I'll build a new package and rerun the task.

Problem:

*Any client that ran the OSD and failed the 1st time immedately goes to "The requested software cannot be located" on second attempts

smsclui.log: Could not find the policy in WMI for package program

Suggestions?

1 answer to this question

I now have this narrowed down to happening only on certain machines. They were failing the OSD task at the Request User State Storage, so this was prior to any physical changes on the PC.

After the failed OSD task, the agent status was changing to Inactive and Obsolete when I viewed the properties in the OSD collection. Repairing/reinstalling the agent appears to resolve the issue. I'm not sure why this is happening though.