IT-Paul

OS Deployment Issue

Question

Hello All,

I'm trying to get sccm 2007 on Server 2008 working. This is a new install and i'm trying to deploy Windows 7 x86 to a baremental PC.

I can get it to PXE boot fine starts WinPE then hangs for about 5min then reboots :(

I have checked the error log (Whish is attached) and see in red

Failed to connect to "\\AECTEMP-SCCM.AECTEMP.AECTEST.COM\SMSPKGD$\BH000001"

Content location request for BH000001:8 failed. (Code 0x80040103)

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040103)

I can confirm that BH000001 is the Boot x86 Image and this is copied to both distribution points.

I have a NAA setup and configured.

please can someone advised me on what's going on????

Many Thanks,

smsts.log

5 answers to this question

Looks like the management point is functioning alright, but the distribution point is not working. Can you access the SMSPXEIMAGE$ and standard package share from another Windows computer?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Trevor Sullivan

http://trevorsullivan.net

http://twitter.com/pcgeek86

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your input and support. I have now resolved that issue which was due to the NAA not having rights to the share.. So many thanks

I have now managed to capture an image Windows 7 x86 with a few apps :) but i'm now having issues while trying to deploy this to my baremetal machine.

It PXE boot boots ok, Starts WinPE ok, starts to bring down the captured image ok, gets to the end of applying image then error out with:-

"Task sequence: Deploy <Image_Name> has failed with the error code (0x80004005)"

the system reboots after 15min and continues with the Windows 7 installation I have to input the PC name and regional settings and it completes ???

I managed to get the log file and the error message in the log file is:-

Failed to download pxe variable file. Code(0x00000001)

PxeGetPxeData failed with 0x80004005

What i am trying to achive is to apply the captured image to my test PC & get it to join my test domain. (Looks easy when i watch the video's lol)

I would aslo like the option to rename the local Administrator account and supply a new password, the option to prompt for PC name during or before deployment.

Cheers guys for all your help so far :)

Having same issue. I find that when I run IPCONFIG the computer reports no NIC information. I'm guessing that I need to provide additional drivers for the boot image?

On a side note - this website has been a wealth of knowledge in the process of getting SCCM up and running. I would dare say that no other site (including M'soft) has the detail or spectrum of information included here. Thanks a bunch!!