Rikimaru

OoB for SCCM2012 Issues

First Time Post here on your forum and have to say your guide was great for getting sccm 2012 up and running.

The main problem i seem to be having though is getting the Out of Band working on my test setup.

I have tried everything to get it working and browsing google for answers for about a week now.

At First i had it saying not detected but made progress by adding the hash to the AMT but still after that i had it only at detected.

After a bit more searching i found it was the root hash i needed to enter into AMT which then i seem to be getting them to show up as not provisioned.

This is were i am stuck. IT would just never go to provisioned state.

Im thinking maybe i need to start from scratch and that it could be my Cetificate Autority that i have set up wrong.

Any Ideas would be great or maybe a guide on getting this up and running :)

Hi Rikimaru,

Did you ever figure out how to get the AMT status to go from "Not Provisioned" to "Provisioned". I find it odd as well that the Out of Band Management drop down options for the client system are all greyed except the "Discover".

After working on this for quite some time, I determined that I had a few things incorrect. One issue was that I starting the provisioning process from AMT/BIOS as that was the only way I could get the network card to enable when not in Windows, and I thought this was necessary. This is not a step you want to take, instead you must leave it ready for provisioning, and the provisioning process is actually performed by the SCCM agent. The other issue I had was I put in the wrong HASH because I wasn't thinking clearly.

I documented my entire process and will post it online when I have the time.