pranay bhagat

virtual windows messenger 5.1 error when launching on win 7 machine...

Question

hi,

I have sequenced Microsoft Messenger 5.1 and trying to launch it on a win 7 machine but at the time of launching applications it gives the error message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. error code - 4615186-1f701939-000036b1".

then i found in the Administrative tools, event log that the application is not getting launched due to absence of Microsoft.windows.networking.rtcdll file in the c:\windows\winsxs directory...

how can i get this file, is there any way to download it....

thanks & regards

Pranay.

5 answers to this question

hi,

I have sequenced Microsoft Messenger 5.1 and trying to launch it on a win 7 machine but at the time of launching applications it gives the error message "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more details. error code - 4615186-1f701939-000036b1".

then i found in the Administrative tools, event log that the application is not getting launched due to absence of Microsoft.windows.networking.rtcdll file in the c:\windows\winsxs directory...

how can i get this file, is there any way to download it....

thanks & regards

Pranay.

is this happening only with this application or all apps same error ?

did you installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable on client machine ? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14431

is this happening only with this application or all apps same error ?

did you installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable on client machine ? http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14431

ya,I tried visual c++ 2005 sp1 redistribution but it didn't worked...i have also tried the upper version of visual c++ like 2008 & 2010 express...

hi,

how can i get this file, is there any way to download it....I also tried copying the file from a win xp machine and paste it to the win 7 winsxs folder but it's not giving me the rights(even when i am logged on with domain admin account)...later found out that the permission is only to some trusted users....plz help...

thanks & regards

Pranay.