RhoSysAdmin

Option based on collection variable

Question

I would like to create groups within my task sequence that match a different roles in our company. Ghese groups get multiple software installs that those who get the baseline do not need. I want to define a collection variable along the lines of OSDComputerName (a trick I learned on this site), give the variable(s) values of 1, or yes, for the group(s) the computer belongs to when the TS starts, and have the TS execute the group if the collection variable is set.

Is this possible?

Is there a better way to easily install optional applications from a single task sequence? I want to make this as friendly as possible for our desktop deploy group.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

of course it's possible, and here's an example

just change the names of your variables to suit the purpose and that's it and change the options tab of your task sequence step (or group) to This Step will run if If Task Sequence Variable = somevalue

do you want me to put together a guide for it ?

cheers

niall

I saw your example, and I use that already. A guide specific to using collection variables in the Options tab of the task sequence step would be great, if only so I can make sure to get the syntax correct.

Thanks!!

of course it's possible, and here's an example

just change the names of your variables to suit the purpose and that's it and change the options tab of your task sequence step (or group) to This Step will run if If Task Sequence Variable = somevalue

do you want me to put together a guide for it ?

cheers

niall