Ironman

Software Updates notification

Question

i am deploying Software updates from the Child Primary Site named P02 and all clients that reside on P02 site checks in with the SCCM agent...

for the last few weeks, i have been struggling to understand why non of the clients on P02 site is not receiving the Software Updates notification when their are updates to be installed. OS level is 2008 R2... and namely 2008...

Updates are being downloaded and looking at the Update log and WUAhandler things seem fine although i tend to think so :)

Can someone point me or help me identify where the problem could be.......

Problem is popup notification to say updates are to be installed does not appear in clients.

I deselected Hide Deployment, unselected suppress.......and there is no maintenance schedule.........

3 answers to this question

Hi,

yeah, i tried with a deadline and now without a deadline..... however the wuahandler logs says updates have been installed....... now is it true that when RDP onto Server 2008, you wont receive notifications that there is updates waiting to be installed or even is installing.... i have seen some forums mention this.