daveinhb

FEP installation - Best on seperate server or on central site

Question

Hi Everyone. I'm in the process of setting up FEP. I want to know if it is best to set up FEP on the central site server or on a seperate server. Currently, I have my primary sccm 2007 server, WSUS server, and 2 SQL servers- one for the SCCM database and one for reporting services. Should I setup FEP on a seperate server and what problems might I run into, or is it best on the primary site.

Thanks,

Dave

3 answers to this question

Peter, thanks for the response. To be clear, I would have to install FEP on my primary site server and not on a server that has the site system role on it. For example:

My primary site server is SCCM01. WSUS01, Sql01 and Sql02 are listed as site systems. If I add a new server (AVFEP01, it would be lised as a site system. I should install FEP on SCCM01and not on AVFEP01. Is this correct?

Dave