snakedoctor

SCCM / FEP Deployment

Question

I'm having a problem getting the System Management folder to populate. I followed the 3 step guide in this forum on getting everything setup. At first I wasn't able to deploy the configmgr client and it turned out to be a firewall issue.

Now, I'm unable to deploy FEP and I'm almost certain its because of this error being thrown by the Site Management Server. Please see the attached and let me know if you need further information.

I've added the two accounts (SMSadmin / SMSread) and the computer account to the security tab of the System Management folder but it doesn't get populated. I'm stumped.

post-11064-0-31070200-1313006442_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Peter,

Thanks for the response. However, I'm pretty sure I've done this.

I should have prefaced this with the fact that we do NOT have our AD schema extended. We work with a 3rd party host and they take care of MOST of our domain services. We only recently moved into a domain and his recent correspondence indicated that extending the schema was going to be a cumbersome process, bringing down the server for a considerable amount of time. In my thinking, I don't care about that as it's necessary for this software to function.

Also, what do you mean the computeraccount? I followed the guide, added the actual computer to the System Management container. Still no dice. Any clues?

It doesn't look like the AD schema will be updated so can I still do this deployment using an SLP?

I'm a bit confused... Do you now have the AD extended or not? If it's not extended, then you don't need the System Management Container and you should stop the Site from publishing information to the AD...

Besides that to extend the AD Schema the you don't need to bring any server down...

Sorry to confuse you. This is my first experience with SCCM / FEP Deployment. We do NOT have our AD schema extended.

If I don't need the SysMgmt Container, where do I go from that point as far as deploying the FEP client?

Also, I was able to push the Client ConfigMgr once I disabled my firewall but when I go into it, under the Advanced tab, it fails to discover the site code.

If you don't have the AD Extended, then you need a Server Locator Point. Take a look here for how to configure a SLP: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680672.aspx an here for how to specify it in the client properties: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694195.aspx

After you succesfull deployed the SCCM client, then you can start thinking about deploying the FEP client.