GauiC

Build and capture does not fully update image

Question

Hi,

I am having a problem during the build and capture Win7 phase.

My build phase is currently set up as this:

1. I import computer information (use only MAC address and name), for a virtual machine.

2. Add the imported computer account in a build Windows 7 collection.

3. Deploy all software updates (that are being deployed in my company) to Build Windows 7 collection (and also All Unknown Computers).

4. My build and capture task sequence deploys win7 using installation media (not image), I am using Win7 with SP1 integrated media. The Setup windows and configmgr step is installing hotfix kb2509007, and pointing to SMSSLP and SMSMP.

5. Then I have 3 Install Software Updates steps in a row all using "All Software Updates". (here the problem starts)

The first Software Updates step deploys 45 updates, then the step initiates a reboot and the next steps run however now they report that no updates are needed for the machine. That would be great if it where true however the computer is missing some updates.

The task sequence then finished as expected, creating a new wim file but missing at least 12 updates.

When I logon to the newly build machine and run Windows Updates, it connects to my SCCM server and tells me that no updates are available, but when I check for updates on windows update site then I am given these 12 updates.

I am guessing that during the first software update phase, SCCM notices that the computer is a member of Build Windows 7 collection and deploys updates according to that, but after the reboot initiated then it does not locate the machine (that is why I also tried to deploy all the updates to All Unknown Computers).

However I am not able to get this working.

I have checked that the updates missing are downloaded and deployed in the Software Update branch in SCCM.

The updates that are missing are some .net4 updates along with IE9 and Updates for Windows 7.

I am not deploying any software in my build and capture phase, just pure Win7 images.

Any idea?

Is this similar to how you are building your images?

GauiC

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet