liuyanshare

client can not be installed in server 2003 or 2003r2

Version is SCCM 2012 Beta 2, that installed on Ser2008R2*64. And client target is Ser2003R2*64. I can not install the client on the target server.

I had checked all the points I know, such as my account is a target's local adminstrator....

thank you

as per microsoft the SCCM 2012 Beta 2 should support installation of clients in server 2008 R2. Do you get any error message ?? Try rebooting the Machine it should get installed buddy...

there was no errors there. I also copied the client install file to the target server, and install client directly, and be told install was succeed.

I watched the CMSETUP*32 processe on the Task Manager, but very short time. that looks not right.

I also reboot both the target server and SCCM server many times.

I really can not find out why it could not be installed.

if you have seen the process running in the server 2008 R2 then you must wait for sometime... it must show the icon in control panel..

Sorry, the client is running Server2003*64. and the CMSETUP*32 processe could be seen only 2 seconds.

and there is nothing in the control panel, start menu and C:\program files, after a enough long break, also after the restart.

why?

Thank you.