lord_hydrax

Deploying XP to HP 8200

Question

Hello,

HP recently released the Compaq 8200 Workstation which I am currently trying to add into my SCCM OSD Task Sequence for deploying Windows XP.

The only thing I am having trouble with is the Mass Storage Drivers.

I use an Apply Driver Package task with the 'Select eh mass storage driver...' option ticked and choose a AHCI Controller from there. (Using the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver)

One website suggested 'Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller' which I couldn't get to work, I also tried the one from its predecessor the 8100 but that's not working either.

When I say not work I mean I am getting the fun 0x0000007B Stop Error when the computer first leaves WinPE and tries to boot into Windows for the first time.

Anyone happen to know what driver/controller to pick for this model?

Thanks,

Andrew.

3 answers to this question

Hey Mate,

We just received our new 8200 machines recently. and i had the trouble of updating the build to support the new machines.

so what i did was create a new reference build using the 8200 ( i had to do it at some point anyway because we needed ie7 on the build). when i did that i made sure i had the network and mass storage drivers for the other 8000,7900 and 7800 on the winpe image.

didnt really have any problems...

sp40553

sp52247

sp52372

is needed these are the extra from the 8000 build that you require.

Edited by a4r0

Thanks for the response.

I do have the SATA Drivers injected into my WinPE image, however my build image has no drivers in it. (I like to keep it clean)

Well I installed Windows 7 on it so I could see what the driver should be, sure enough it is the Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller.

So I'll have to go over everything again and figure out why this one isn't working like any other HP...

Well I figured it out.....

I'd checked the box 'Do unattended installation of unsigned drivers on version of Windows where this is allowed' and apparently that was breaking it, because as soon as I unticked it the drivers worked fine.

How that fixed it I've not a clue..... But I'm never ticking it again. :huh: