Stonelion

Application Deployment List after OSD

Question

First off I would like to thank you for a great website, I have learnt so much from here.

I have SCCM2007 R3 installed on a single site mixed mode, using AD Discovery, with fixed boundaries to local subnets only.

The helpdesk here informs me that on a previous install of SCCM2007 administered by my predecessor they had a function whereby at the end of an OSD to a new PC, the final stage brought up a menu where they could choose what extra applications they wished to install, if any.

I have been hunting around, trying to find a way to do this, but the service desk says it still isn't right and that building a new PC still takes too much time.

Any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks in advance,

AndyH...

(Still climbing the SCCM mountain).

2 answers to this question

Hi Andy,

usually this done right at the beginning of the task sequence by an HTA Frontend. Here is an example . There are several more solutions around. Anyweb posted also some in this forum.

All you have to do is to inject the hta module into your Windows PE Image, create an HTA wher you chose the Packages to install. The HTA has to set task sequence variables depending on your selections in the HTA. These variables can be evaluated in the task sequence.