Loganater

Discover workstations without client software

Good morning,

I have just completed the setup instructions for sccm 2007 r3 which were awesome BTW. I have setup my boundry for just one floor right now for testing purposes using a subnet. Over the weekend we did the AD schema update and created the systems container.

I setup the client agents discovery method to default because this is a production environment. I am not seeing any workstations in the "all systems" collection and I assumed that all the workstations in the subnet would show up so I could push the client to them.

1. Is there a way to trigger this automatically to scan the subnet?

2. Are my logs showing any errors I do not see them highlited in red using sccm toolkit.

3. What may I be missing?

I created 2 user accounts:

1. smsread

2. smsadmin

And followed your instructions on this site.

Right now the 2 accounts that have access to the System resource in AD is smsadmin, and the server, they have full access. Do I need to grant smsread access too?

Thanks

ccm.log

MPSetup.log