snakedoctor

SCCM Errors, a bunch of them...

Hey folks,

After some tinkering and serious time with playing around in SCCM '07, I've finally been able to deploy some clients. I've narrowed it down to the firewall as far as why I can't push clients down to my PCs. Now, I'm looking through my logs and it's lit up like a Christmas tree with errors here and there. To preface this entire thread, the AD schema is NOT extended and the SCCM server is also acting as the SLP.

------------------------------------------

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description

Error Milestone GLF 8/23/2011 10:25:01 AM GOLFSCCM01 SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT 5204

SMS Active Directory System Discovery Agent failed to bind to container . Error: The parameter is incorrect. . Possible cause: The AD container specified earlier might be invalid now. The Domain Controller is inaccessible. Solution: Please verify that the AD container paths specified are valid. Confirm accessibility of the site server to the Domain Controller to be queried.

However, just above this error is the following:

------------------------------------------

Severity Type Site code Date / Time System Component Message ID Description

Information Milestone GLF 8/23/2011 10:25:01 AM GOLFSCCM01 SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT 5202

SMS Active Directory System Discovery Agent read the AD Containers and found 2 valid AD Container entries in the site control file. Active Directory System Discovery Agent identified 0 systems in the AD Containers and generated 0 system discovery data records (DDRs) and 0 errors while attempting to create DDRs.

I have plenty of other errors. If you look at the screenshot you can see that this error occurs almost every 5 minutes. The service starts, the error occurs, the information milestone event shows, and then the component is stopped.

What is going on here and why are these errors being thrown?

Edited by snakedoctor

It looks like your SCCM primary site might be having trouble communicating with Active Directory. Even though you did not extend the Active Directory schema, it looks like someone has enabled the Active Directory system discovery, and it is failing. Perhaps the container (organizational unit) which is configured in the system discovery is no longer existent? That's how I'd interpret the "failed to bind to container."

The second message you posted is informational, and is not an error.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Trevor Sullivan

http://trevorsullivan.net

http://twitter.com/pcgeek86