Sheik

Problems with Windows 7 64bit deployment

Question

Hello!

I have a working 32-bit OSD.

But now we have started with 64-bit installations and i have created a TS for this. I have followed the guide to create the .wim file.

My TS looks like this:

post-6168-0-98341100-1314681173_thumb.jpg

And when i follow the TS it runs trough, no problems to be seen. It says that it complete all steps, install the software, install the sccm client, joins the domain, set the local administrator password.

But when the TS is complete and the computer boots up, no software are installed, the computer is not in the domain. But the local administrator password is set so i can logon as the local administrator.

So it seems that it's something wrong with the network? due to all the steps that runs OK but dont happen has something to do with network access. I have downloaded the NIC driver again and imported it, i have tried with Auto apply drivers and Apply driver package for that computer model.

Anyone got any ideas? Any log that i can give you guys or that i can look in? Im completly lost with this one.

6 answers to this question

Hello!

I have a working 32-bit OSD.

But now we have started with 64-bit installations and i have created a TS for this. I have followed the guide to create the .wim file.

My TS looks like this:

winnoob.JPG

And when i follow the TS it runs trough, no problems to be seen. It says that it complete all steps, install the software, install the sccm client, joins the domain, set the local administrator password.

But when the TS is complete and the computer boots up, no software are installed, the computer is not in the domain. But the local administrator password is set so i can logon as the local administrator.

So it seems that it's something wrong with the network? due to all the steps that runs OK but dont happen has something to do with network access. I have downloaded the NIC driver again and imported it, i have tried with Auto apply drivers and Apply driver package for that computer model.

Anyone got any ideas? Any log that i can give you guys or that i can look in? Im completly lost with this one.

Based on which information did you think that the TS ran (completely) succesfull?

I would start with looking at the SMSTS.log.

Based on which information did you think that the TS ran (completely) succesfull?

I would start with looking at the SMSTS.log.

I have the computer next to me that i try to run the TS on, and i look at it and i can see all the steps running, Apply Network settings, Install Panda etc.

And also i check under Site Status -> Status Message Queries -> All Status Messages and follow the TS, and here i see the steps. Completing with the Exit code 0:

Here is my Apply Network Settings;

The task sequence execution engine successfully completed the action (Apply Network Settings) in the group (Setup Operating System) with exit code 0

Action output: ==============================[ OSDNetSettings.exe ]===========================

Command line: "osdnetsettings.exe" configure

Setting %SystemRoot% to "C:\Windows"

Loading existing answer file "C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml"

Configuring global network settings

Join type: 0

Joining domain: MYDOMAIN.se

Join OU: LDAP://OU=OSD Computers,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=se

Getting namespace "Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin" for architecture "amd64"

DNS domain:

DNS domain search order:

IP filter sec enabled: falseNo adapters found in environment. Performing global configuration only.

Writing configuration information to C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml

Successfully saved configuration information to C:\Windows\panther\unattend\unattend.xml

Configuring"OSDNetSettings.exe finalize" to run on first boot

OSDNetSettings finished: 0x00000000.

And the last thing i see in the All Status Message is:

"The task sequence execution engine performed a system reboot initiated by the action (Setup windows and ConfigMgr) in the group (Setup Operating System)."

Hmm, i notice now that i dont see any information about the Software, Panda etc here.

And when i look at the SMSTS.log now:

It's only 8minutes long, i see (The TS takes much longer time)

Parsing step node: Apply Network Settings

Description: Actions to configure network settings

ContinueOnError:

SuccessCodeList: 0

The errors that are here is:

CLibSMSMessageWinHttpTransport::Send: URL: MYSERVER.MYDOMAIN.SE:80 CCM_POST /ccm_system/request

Error. Received 0x80072ee7 from WinHttpSendRequest.

unknown host (gethostbyname failed)

hr, HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,7714)

sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

End of retries

Send (pReply, nReplySize), HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,2052)

failed to send the request

DoRequest (sReply, false), HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,3835)

Failed to send status message (80072ee7)

smStatusMessage.Send(), HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\executionengine\utility.cxx,529)

Non fatal error 0x80072ee7 in sending task sequence execution status message to MP

IIDFromString() failed.

Task Sequence Manager could not release active TS request. code 80004005

GetSystemIsolationInfo(spNapClientInfo, &IsoStat), HRESULT=8027000c (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\napcontrol\remediate.cpp,633)

Error getting system isolation info. Code 8027000C

ComputeComplianceAndRemediate(&QState), HRESULT=8027000c (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\napcontrol\tsnapcontrol.cpp,173)

Remediation failed. Code 8027000C

hr = m_oNapCtrl.Remediate(QState), HRESULT=8027000c (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\client\tasksequence\tsmanager\tsmanager.cpp,1765)

Remediation failed with error code 8027000C

Error. Received 0x80072ee7 from WinHttpSendRequest.

unknown host (gethostbyname failed)

hr, HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,7714)

sending with winhttp failed; 80072ee7

End of retries

Send (pReply, nReplySize), HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,2052)

failed to send the request

DoRequest (sReply, false), HRESULT=80072ee7 (e:\nts_sms_fre\sms\framework\osdmessaging\libsmsmessaging.cpp,3835)

Failed to send status message (80072ee7)

usually always means you don't have a valid ip address or incorrect or missing network driver, so press F8 during that process and verify that you have network connectivity after the apply driver package step

usually always means you don't have a valid ip address or incorrect or missing network driver, so press F8 during that process and verify that you have network connectivity after the apply driver package step

I just did that, after the Apply Driver Package i have a correct IP and i can ping servers. Then the computer restarts and start with the step "Setup windows and ConfigMgr" and now i press F8 again and have no ip-adress.. i really find this strange!

I know this is an old post, but just for future reference.

If you don't get an IP in the WinPE phase, you need to inject drivers in your boot image.

This is possible from within SCCM.

Don't forget to update the Distribution Points.

If you don't get an IP after applying the new Windows Image, no suitable drivers were found in the Apply Driver Package step.

You can fiddle around a little with the settings in the "Apply Device Drivers" step.

Check "Install ALL compatible driver" and "Consider drivers from all categories".

Worst case scenario would be injecting the drivers in your Windows 7 image, but this might cause driver issues when you install this image on other devices.

If you 'trust' your drivers, you might also want to check "Do unattended installation of unsigned drivers on versions of Windows where this is allowed".

Some domain setting might cause the fact you don't get an IP.

You can consider making an IP reservation for the device.