beben

PXE in a Distribution Point

Question

Hello,

I have a question.

I have configure a SCCM 2007 and in the Headquater the SCCM a runs.

I Deploy Windows 7 with PXE and in the Headquater is all ok.

And in the Brach Office i have configure Brach Distribution Point and the Distribution Points runs.

And when i add a new Boot Image Packeg to the Distribution Point it run but when I add a new Operating System Image to the Distribution Point in dont runs.

And my second question ist when I Deploy the OS Image wia PXE to the Bruches I need a PXE Service Point on the Brach Distribution Point and a WDS??

2 answers to this question

Hello beben

Not a direct answer to your question, but I do recommend you use a Protected Distribution point on the smaller locations. You install WDS on the server on these locations and PXE service role on the Protected Distribution Point that is assigned on the servers. This will result in that the OS deployment run within the protected distribution point, and not towards your Primary site. The clients boots towards your local WDS on the locations, and gets all the packages from the Protected Distribution Point on the same locations.