AdrianC

When to update Distribution Point ?

Question

Hello to all,

I'm new to SCCM so bear with me please; i don't understand how update distribution point in SCCM works, in my mind I thought it's like MDT, looks like it's not. So I created a package and a program (Office 2007); for office 2007 I created a msp file for silent install and save this in the root of the distribution point. I made a change to the program (in the SCCm Programs branch) to run hidden (even thought it's not working for me; I had to do the hidden mode in the msp file) than I updated the distribution point, but after the update the msp file was deleted.

So... when do i need to update the distribution point?

What to do so that the update it's not going to delete the msp file from the distribution pint?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi Adrian,

yo have to update your distribution points when you change anything in the source files. You don't have to update them if you change program options in your SCCM package. The question is if you have even distributed your package to any distribution point. And never ever make changes in the packages of the distribution point itself, only in the source directory of your package.

For office 2007 you can also use an xml file to trigger the hidden install. It's being called with the /config option.