julius

USMT 4 using Hardlink within same system

Question

Hi All,

I face a problem. Currently i'm trying to do USMT using hardlink from Win 7 to Win 7 (same machine)

On Tuesday, i advertise the TS on 1 PC, after run Machine Policy Retrieval, the TS start to run within few minutes.

On Wednesday, i advertise the same TS on another PC, but after wait for nearly 1 hour, it didn't start until this Morning (Thursday)

The TS is about to finish run when i checked on it. After a few while of waiting, it finally finish run but the User State is not there, all user doc and profile etc is not there, as if it is a newly deploy PC.

On Thursday, I try to advertise the same TS on the PC i tried on Tuesday, no matter how for almost 2 hours i didn't see the TS start running.

Please help.

3 answers to this question

Hi Julius,

I'm afraid we're going to need a lot more information than that to help you!

Firstly, if you're trying to run the same task seqeunce again on Tuesdays PC through a mandatory advert, then I'm afraid it won't ever run as its already completed successfully. If you change the advert to not be assigned (ie not mandatory) or 'Allow user to run the program independently of assignments' you can then manually run the Task sequence again from the 'Run Advertised Programs' control panel applet. See http://technet.micro...y/cc180264.aspx for more info.

As for why the second PC (Wednesday) didn't run until much later, or complete the USMT parts,it is impossible to say without more information I'm afraid. What does the task sequence report say?

@AkumaUK - thanks for your advise.

@The Bronx Bull - I run my TS from my SCCM console. As i mention earlier, the client PC on wednesday that seems like newly deployed, doesnt content smsts & scanstate log.

I had changed my settings in the USMT TS which is "Customised how user profiles are captured" and add miguser.xml & migapp.xml into it.

The TS able to run but when it is trying to restore, it hit problem