AkumaUk

SCCM 2012 Client slow to install during OSD

I'm creating a Windows 7 reference build using SCCM 2012 and all seems to be working well.

I've noticed however that during the phase "Initializing the System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Client" phase it takes about 20 minutes to install and configure the client. The rest of the process works as expected with the actual OS being downloaded and applied in less that 10 minutes.

post-5356-0-80541200-1317902081_thumb.png

Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm going to attempt to 'troubleshoot' but for some reason, despite me selecting 'Enable command support (testing only)' in my boot images, its not letting me access the command line.

I'm using MDT2012 Beta 1, so that might be the issue with the command prompt, but I doubt it. :(

post-5356-0-19494300-1317902275_thumb.png

Any advice welcome!

Hi Anyweb,

Yeah, I'm definitley using this Boot Image, (I've deleted the original ones) so only have 32 & 64bit MDT boot images, both configured the same way.

I'm going to change some settings and try again, will let you know what I find.

Hmm,

So, I've disabled and re-enabled the support command prompt (Updating the DP each time) and that didnt change anything. So I re-imported the original boot images (%program files%\Microsoft Configuation Manager\OSD\Boot Images\.." and tried using those instead. Still no luck. F8 is working as I can access the 'Additional Boot Options' menu when I boot a system, but not when I'm booting in WinPE through SCCM2012.

I'm not sure what to try next :(

Just a BUMP on this topic - I'm seeing the same behaviour with the "Initializing the System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Client" phase. Taking between 15-20 mins whilst the rest of the deployment runs as expected. Currently tracing through log files from test VM to see what might be going on. Any advice appreciated....

I am experiencing the same, strangely it was all OK, then I was looking into the install updates issue I have posted another thread for and then this stopped working correctly. I have noticed that I get an "Unknown" computer and a named computer in All Systems. Also software deployment during the OSD is slow too, not just the SCCM client.

So after a bit of work, I found some issues with SRSS. It hadn't registered its ports correctly and I can only assume it had messed up some of the wildcards. It is working now, just need to test the workgroup based windows updates.

Hmm,

So, I've disabled and re-enabled the support command prompt (Updating the DP each time) and that didnt change anything. So I re-imported the original boot images (%program files%\Microsoft Configuation Manager\OSD\Boot Images\.." and tried using those instead. Still no luck. F8 is working as I can access the 'Additional Boot Options' menu when I boot a system, but not when I'm booting in WinPE through SCCM2012.

I'm not sure what to try next :(

Akama;

I've the same problem. Have u figured it out?