latiron

FEP 2012 Step Thru Guide

how about this ?

Using SCCM 2012 RC in a lab - Part 5, Enable the Endpoint Protection Role and configure Endpoint Protection settings.

Part 5. Enable the Endpoint Protection Role and configure Endpoint Protection settings [November 5th 2011]

Ok, well, it's been a few weeks since I have looked over your guides, but it looks like it's been revamped for the latest RC that was released of SCCM 2012 which looks like it now includes teh Endpoint Protection 2012. Is this correct? So, I downloaded the RC, and am now attempting to upgrade the current version of 2012 I had done based off your previous guide. I select the Upgrade an existing CM2012 installation, and I get an error popup window. It tells me that teh C:\ScanNetBios.ini file could not be found and to run teh ScanNetBios.exe files located in teh Tools\Upgrade folder on the media to create this file, review and edit is as necessary, and then return to the wizard to continue with upgrade. Problem is, I cannot located that exe file to run. So, is this a limited version of the RC which doesn't really allow for upgrading the beta? Am I going to have to start all over now that I have all of my test environment configured? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

you can't upgrade from beta 2 to RC, it's not supported, even if you add your sccm server name and corresponding ip address to that file you'll have SQL issues later on,

start with a clean install of RC

good luck :)

OK, and by clean install, is there anyway to remove this beta version with destroying my AD? Can I simply just do an uninstall from the install media? What about the servers I have that already have t his beta SCCM client on them? Do I need to uninstall that as well as the FEP client that is on them? What all is involved from this server to my other servers? I currently only have one desktop in this test environment. I have just been testing on servers at t his point as I am testing several new SC products and more. Thanks.

this is the reason why you should virtualise everything in your lab, that way you can restore snapshots of BEFORE you started installing Beta 2 and you have a clean slate to work with, that's the way I do it, think ahead, virtualize now - install RC in the lab, snapshot each stage of the way, then when the code goes to RTM you can restore your clean boxes and start again

It is in a VH. Bad news was in my test environment I have limited space. I had originally configured it for 100GB. I had to increase it to 250 so I had added space, but it wouldn't let me edit the disk while I had snapshots. I only had the one, so I deleted it. No worries, I don't mind starting again as it's all a learning process anyhow.