henkiee

Nvidia drivers not installing (error code 28)

Question

We use SCCM 2007 to install Windows 7 64bit machines (HP workstation XW4600 and DELL laptops)

Drivers are inserted into SCCM, the DELL laptops work fine, the HP workstations drivers install except the nvidia driver.

After installation the following error appears: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)

In the log files the driver is inserted into the installation, it is WHQL certified and manual driver installation works.

We tried different drivers, different videocards (GT9600, FX380), different driver settings (most compatible, allow unsigned etc) but no success

The distribution point had been updated several times and matches the original source folder of the drivers.

Any suggestions ?

9 answers to this question

I had the same problem with the NVS4200M and NV300 drivers in my driver packages used in our OSD task.

My solution was to create a seperate package with the extracted Nvidia install components and execute that as a Install Software task near the end of my task sqeuence.

Command: setup.exe /s /n /noeula /nofinish

• Like 1

I had the same problem with the NVS4200M and NV300 drivers in my driver packages used in our OSD task.

My solution was to create a seperate package with the extracted Nvidia install components and execute that as a Install Software task near the end of my task sqeuence.

Command: setup.exe /s /n /noeula /nofinish

I tried that also:

When I install the drivers using "Run command line" the following error appears after installation:

<![LOG[Failed to run the action: Install Nvidia Graphics 285.62.

The operation completed successfully. (Error: 00000000; Source: Windows)]LOG]!><time="09:29:05.983+-120" date="10-28-2011" component="TSManager" context="" type="3" thread="2184" file="instruction.cxx:3101">

When running as a software package you mensioned this error appears, although the drivers are installed:

<![LOG[Failed to run the action: Install Nvidia graphics.

Incorrect function. (Error: 80070001; Source: Windows)]LOG]!><time="12:13:16.033+-120" date="10-28-2011" component="TSManager" context="" type="3" thread="2792" file="instruction.cxx:3101">

Im might have found the solution (still need to test)

With GT9600 card NO errors, same machine with Quadro card I get the errors, Driver 285.62 supports Quadro cards (it installs it eventially) but I might need a dedicated Quadro driver (276.14)

Gonna test it rigth now

Ok problems solved: created two packages (one for Quadro, one for Geforce) with commandline:

setup.exe /s /n /noeula /nofinish

Added these to the Task Sequence with the following WMI queries:

SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController WHERE Caption LIKE "%Quadro%"

for the Quadro package

SELECT * FROM Win32_VideoController WHERE Caption LIKE "%Geforce%"

for the Geforce package

• Like 1

Odd i'm trying the above command:

setup.exe /s /n /noeula /nofinish

Dedicated Quadro FX 600 pack, driver version 311.35 and I receive the following error:

Failed to run the action: Install Nvidia graphics. Incorrect function. (Error: 80070001) incorrect function

Any further suggestions