arricc

Run TS like during OSD

Question

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get a TS to run in a similar way to the way it runs during OSD.

In other words, I want to restart the computer to the installed OS, then run the TS with progress bar prior to presenting the logon dialogue.

This is the way SCCM runs the TS during OSD, but I've had no joy replicating it.

Is there a simple registry change I can do to get this behaviour?

Cheers!

3 answers to this question

Yes, the main goal is to do some lengthy app deployments while preventing the user from logging on - and providing some sort of feedback that something is happening.

As SCCM already does this as part of OSD I expected it to be easy......

I don't think SCCM can do what you're wanting (hopefully someone can correct me if I've missed something). You want to install software on the machine, but hijack the user interface so nobody can log in. I don't think that's possible - although you aren't the only one that's wanted this ability in the past...