anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

config page still in the make anyweb :rolleyes: Will you make a new topic or just answer hereunder?

sorry not following you KingsKawn, what's the issue exactly ?

nothing strange about them, the SCCM box has 2gb RAM, 4gb is really recommended but in a lab 2gb seems to work fine, it's got 150GB hdd partitioned as os=30gb and d=rest of drive,

the AD1 server (domain controller/dhcp/dns) is 512 mb ram and 30gb hdd,

anything else you want to know ? i have created separate networks so for example #5_SCCM_RC is on a virtual network spanning 192.168.5.x and #3_SCCM_RC is 192.168.3.x means i can have multiple environments which are not interfering with each other

i followed the steps above and got error 1603. i have the MPsetup.log and mpmsi.log. its a brand new image win2k8 r2 sp1 machine. no patches applied as of yet. sql is on the same machine.i checked and it said before that msxml6 was not installed, i installed it separately. its a single dc and all the permissions are set. not sure if it matters but its in a forest with sccm 2007 r2. here are the logs

_______

UPDATE

_______

Got it to finally work, it apparently doesnt like the fact that sccm 2007 installed a client on it and when installing the MP it installs a 2012 client on it as well. i simply removed the client and reinstalled the MP.

mpMSI.log

MPSetup.log

• Like 1

Im getting this as a warming

WAIK language version should be same as the OS language of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager site server. For more information on WAIK installation see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206077.

Do I need to install WAIK for Windows 7 ?

I have a SCCM 2007 running with WAIK installad in production, and a SCCM 2012 with WAIK installed in a test lab, but I can not get PXE book to function correctly, so Im doing a re-install of the test lab at the momemt.