anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Hi everyone,

I'm new member and I need your help, please!

I've followed this topic which I found very clear, but it does'nt work.

I installed SQL server 2008 then SP1 then CU14 on a Win server 2008 R2 Standard.

I did all of the configurations as in this tutorial but I got this error message below:

120305094502988700.jpg

My programs and Features:

120305094612606586.jpg

and

12030509484891608.jpg

When I check the ConfigMgrSetupWizard.log:

02.03.2012 16:07:50: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Verbose: 1 : Cannot not connect to SMS provider on local machine. Either it is not installed or access is denied.

02.03.2012 16:08:00: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Cannot detect SMS Type because either SiteServer, SqlServer or SiteServerName is empty.

02.03.2012 16:14:54: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : External files directory C:\ConfigMgr_RC_Updates\ does not exist or is inaccessible.

02.03.2012 16:22:51: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Creating SQL connection to database master on server MYSERVER.domain.com.

02.03.2012 16:22:51: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Sql connection is established.

02.03.2012 16:22:51: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Creating SQL connection to database master on server MYSERVER.domain.com.

02.03.2012 16:22:51: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Information: 1 : Sql connection is established.

02.03.2012 16:22:52: ConfigMgrSetupWizard Error: 1 : Unsupported SQL version 10.0.2821.0

-------------------------------

I tried to search on the web someone having this error message but no success...

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Zifou.

I installed SQL server 2008 then SP1 then CU14 on a Win server 2008 R2 Standard.

that version of SQL is not supported, the supported versions are listed below:-

Database Requirements

• SQL Server 2008 SP2 with CU 7
  • SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1 and Cumulative Update 4
  • SQL Server Express 2008 r2 WITH SP1 and CU 3 is supported only on secondary sites
  • SQL Reporting Services is ONLY reporting solution

For Supported Configurations information, visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx.

Also when downloading the various SQL service packs and cummulative updates ensure you download the right architecture version (x86 / x64). The default download will differ deppending on the machine you are downloading from. For example, we were using an x86 PC to download updates so it only listed the x86 version. Annoyingly the x86 version of the patch runs on an x64 installation but it only upgrades the Shared Features of SQL and not the full bhuna so the SCCM installation (RC2) still fails. Obvious when you know.

Hi,

Thank's a millions, I tried again but with "SQL Server 2008 SP2 with CU 7" and everything is ok now.

I'm following the next chapiters to configure SCCM2012 in a small VLAN before to put it in prod environement.

It's cool!

Thanks for the tutorial.

I got stuck when SCCM is trying to create a database during installation and failing. When i try to open a SQL Server Management Studio and connect with Windows Authentication "logged in as SMSAdmin" i am failing to connect. SQL has been installed under administrator. So i think its a permission issue. I am not sure what rights i need to grant to SMSAdmin in order to resolve this?

Thank you.