anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Required SQL Server Collation

Hi Everyone, i'm trying to install the latest release of cm on my existing sql server, but the setup keeps failing with the "Required SQL Server Collation:

Configuration Manager requires that you configure your SQL Server instance and Configuration Manager site database (if already present) to use the SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation, unless you are using a Chinese operating system and require GB18030 support. For information about changing your SQL Server instance and database collations, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=234541. For information about enabling GB18030 support, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=234542."

anyway to fix this without altering the language of the entire server?

I've got a question.

How do i make a network account a local administrator?

Now is the group domain admins member of local administrator and i don't want an domain admin as local admin.

I've got a question.

How do i make a network account a local administrator?

Now is the group domain admins member of local administrator and i don't want an domain admin as local admin.

You login to the machine you want to add the account to, then you ad the account to the administrators group on that machine.

You login to the machine you want to add the account to, then you ad the account to the administrators group on that machine.

Yes I know but i want to do that automaticly when it installs a new machine with Sccm.

then script it,. add a Run Command Line step in your task sequence to do as follows:-

cmd /c net localgroup "Administrators" domain\%USERNAME%" /add

%USERNAME% is a variable but you can hard code it

then script it,. add a Run Command Line step in your task sequence to do as follows:-

cmd /c net localgroup "Administrators" domain\%USERNAME%" /add

%USERNAME% is a variable but you can hard code it

Thank you!!