anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Excellent would be good if anyone has a manual as well as good for deployed clients that connect to public internet and leave the corporate network, using the certificates, I am very interested in this. The idea is that if a user leaves his laptop home and connects from beyond can always be controlled with the SCCM 2012.

Dear,

I planned to Install the SCCM 2012 in my network and Idid remove the Old SCCM 2007 by Uninstalling it. When I run the new setup or the (Assess Server Readiness) it gave me the following Error and i can not solve it.

Kindly, I need Help.

Hints:

The Old SCCM 2007 was working on Remote SQL server which I am not going to use. I want to start fresh installation SCCm 2012.

HELPpost-18220-0-00702400-1353152900_thumb.jpg

Hello, I've read the first part and I am glad I got here. Its a nice tutorial to follow. I havent started yet, but I have a question before I start. I see you create accounts in AD, what I am concerned about is the DomJoin user. It says it is only a member of Domain Users, and you want to use it to join computers to the domain. But isnt it so that Domain Users can only add 10 pc's to the domain?

what I am concerned about is the DomJoin user. It says it is only a member of Domain Users, and you want to use it to join computers to the domain. But isnt it so that Domain Users can only add 10 pc's to the domain?

correct, so adjust the user's rights appropriately so that they can add more pcs such as below

Override the Default Limit of the Number of Computers an Authenticated User Can Join to a Domain

You can override the default limit, using the following method: (via > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251335)

1. Expand the Domain NC node. This node contains an object that begins with "DC=" and reflects the correct domain name. Right-click this object, and then click Properties.
  2. In the Select which properties to view box, click Both.
  3. In the Select a property to view box, click ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota.
  4. In the Edit Attribute box, type a number. This number represents the number of workstations that you want users to be able to maintain concurrently.
  5. Click Set, and then click OK.

And I am setting up SQL 2008 now, but what account should I use on Service Accounts? Do I use SMSadmin there or a domain admin. I am used to use a domain admin account there. And also the SMSadmin account on Database engine config,analysis services config, reporting serv conf and error and usage reporting?

i'd follow my RTM guides here

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4045-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-guides/

start with part 1, this guide was written when the Release Candidate was out...

Quick question if I may.

I have SQL as a dedicated server and when I run the install, its aware that I
have a sql server and instance but the pre req check looks locally and fails. I’ve
changed all the dynamic ports and as my account I can launch SQL Studio manager
and connect to the dedicated SQL\instance so I assume firewalls etc are OK.

Domain controllers are 2008 R2
SQL is 2008 R2 Sp1 plus patches.

Pre req only moans about memory and local Instance.

Ideas please?

Thanks