anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

Hi, I'm moving from a 2007 environment with one Primary and 1 secondary, each in a east/west datacenter. We then have a Distro Point in each of our 12 offices for local package caching. Can I mirror this design in 2012 or do I need a CAS in front of the Primary. Everything I have read about building a Standalone Primary doesn't mention if you can add Secondary Site servers beneath it.

Also, what data is stored within the Secondary Site SQL database? Everything I read says it does participate in Database Replication, but doesn't say what specifically is being replicated. I am trying to decide if I should give it a real (off box) SQL server or just go with SQL Express.

Thanks,

Update: This post has been superseded since the release of the RTM version of Configuration Manager 2012. To see the new post please click here.

The above link is wrong. It refer to CAS installation. Please update the same link.

no, the link is not wrong, you are required to put some thought into whether you want a CAS or a Standalone Primary, the new link (setting up a CAS and then Setting up a primary), shows how to use the latest versions of SQL etc at that time (release of RTM), if you are installing Configuraiton Manager 2012 from scratch then i'd recommend you follow the new guides, the decision to install a CAS or not is up to you, but the content remains the same.

Dear Admin;

After install SCCM2012-SP1 (with no error),I have this error when I open configuration manager console:

"Configuration Manager cannot connect to the site(TEH-sccm.home.local,cm12teh)"

The Configuration Manager console cannot connect to the Configuration Manager site database.Verify the following:

• This computer has network connectivity to the SMS Provider computer.
  • Your user account has Remote Activation permission on the Configuration Manager site server and the SMS Provider Computer.
  • The configuration Manager console version is supported by the site server.
  • you are assigned to at least one role-based administration security role.
  • You have the following WMI permissions to the Root\SMS and Root\SMS\site_<site code> namespaces:Execute Methods,Provider Write,Enable Account,and Remote Enable.

I did deploy this scenario in this environment:

1. 3 Windows Server 2k8-R2-SP1 (dc1,db1,sccm=domain member)
  • my domain is:home.local
  • Each server,can ping all other.
  • my db server,has SQL 2k8-R2 Standard Edition-SP1 with CU-6
  • I get same error with different account type(local administrator or domain admin)

yes,recently I install configuration manager console from source media,but the problem didn't fix!

SMSAdminUI.log:

[9, PID:2676][05/08/2013 22:52:07] :System.Management.ManagementException\r\nInvalid class \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)\r\nManagementException details:
instance of __ExtendedStatus
{
Operation = "ExecQuery";
ParameterInfo = "SELECT * FROM SMS_ProviderLocation WHERE ProviderForLocalSite='TRUE'";
ProviderName = "WinMgmt";
};
\r\n
[9, PID:2676][05/08/2013 22:52:08] :Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'The SMS Provider reported an error.'\r\nMicrosoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryException\r\nThe SMS Provider reported an error.\r\n at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.SmsSiteConnectionNode.GetConnectionManagerInstance(String connectionManagerInstance)\r\nConfigMgr Error Object:
{
Operation = "ExecQuery";
ParameterInfo = "SELECT * FROM SMS_ProviderLocation WHERE ProviderForLocalSite='TRUE'";
};
Error Code:
InvalidClass
\r\nSystem.Management.ManagementException\r\nInvalid class \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.Connect(String configMgrServerPath)\r\nManagementException details:
{
Operation = "ExecQuery";
};
\r\n
[9, PID:2676][05/08/2013 22:52:09] :System.Management.ManagementException\r\nNot found \r\n at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ManagementBaseObject inParameters, InvokeMethodOptions options)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlConnectionManager.ExecuteMethod(String methodClass, String methodName, Dictionary`2 methodParameters, Boolean traceParameters)\r\nManagementException details:
{
Operation = "ExecMethod";
ParameterInfo = "SMS_ObjectLock";
};
\r\n

post-19839-0-83241600-1368038790_thumb.jpg

post-19839-0-06588800-1368038804_thumb.jpg

post-19839-0-08316400-1368038828_thumb.jpg

Transport error; failed to connect, message: 'The SMS Provider reported an erro

did you open the firewall ? disable the firewall as a test does it help ?