anyweb

using SCCM 2012 in a LAB - Part 1. Installation

ADK 8.1 is required for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager as described in this post.

thanks for tutorial but i guess you forgot to add windows kits installation before installing configuration manager

sorry i did not see your post because it's not on the main page

would you please add this tutorial to SCCM 2012 RC Part 1 - Installation PDF file

thanks in advance

I have tired several guides, this one being the closes I have ever been to getting SCCM 2012 SP1 working. But it doesn't work. I have been trying now for three weeks. I have started fromscratch 5 times. What I am getting wrong, only Microsoft could say. Bottom line is I am tired of chasing down errors from the log files. I have google every possible SCCM/WSUS problem there is. Everytime I solve one problem other takes its place. 3 weeks of this nonsense now. I feel like a dog chasing my tail and never stop going around in circles.

Could you post an updated guide on SCCM2012 SP1, with MSSQL 2012 SP2 upwards.

The bottom line is I have been trying for three weeks, All endup with is abusted irreparable system and no updates of any kind. It seems almost impossible to get SCCM working on either a split system or a single system.

I have tried running two servers: 1 with SQL instance only and the the other dedicated to SCCM.

I have also tried running SCCM and SQL on the same machine. (closest I got to getting it working)

I tried using SSL as well. OOh very bad bad idea... this system not designed for that. First complete 7 doctorates in rocket science and software engineering. Maybe you could get this working. only need 3 certificates my Arse!

This is becoming a night mare. And I wonder if I would not better off sticking to manual Antivirus installations and a normal WSUS server! :(

MS should really look at simplifying thier products somewhat. And also consider the smaller organizations who can't afford to Buy 10 highend servers just to get one thing to work.

Anyways, a guide for the current software would be great. in the mean time i will try again to the SQL part of the SCCM install to work.

* ClientInstall, a domain user used when installing the Configuration Manager Client for Client Push. This user must be a local administrator on computers you want to install the Configuration Manager Client.

how to creat policy the ClientInstall admin local computers?

We are finally getting around to moving to SCCM 2012. Would the following configuration work? Looking at three separate servers:

• Primary site server with SQL 2012
  • DP
  • SUP/WSUS

We have about 5000 clients on our current SCCM 2007 environment all in one location. Thank you!

For 5000 clients? Why separate those roles?

Because that's the way we've always done it? :)

But seriously, do you think that running all of this on one box would suffice, including the WSUS? I believe the roles were separated out for the sake of disk space (SCCM 2007 was installed before I got here).